Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cancer Again

Its cancer again for the 3rd time... now its on the other side of the breast. What are the odds to have both breast affected by cancer??

Mum cried alot today after the results... never see her cry so many times before despite having so many recurrences. I know she must have felt so disappointed and helpless.....hopeless maybe.... just did 2 ops less than a few months back... going to have another mastectomy very soon..... can anyone know how it feels??

After the results... mum went for bone scan.... CT scan on this sat... (all these by routine after cancer was found)...mum is very worried abt these scan results...she has been feeling aches on her arm for a long time since the last op... she is worried that it has spread to her bones....but I assured her that its unlikely bone spread will be on arms... I believe its a post op effect.... I hope im right...

I cried for the very first time in front of my mum....in front of the dr.... I could no longer hold back my tears... How much more do my mum has to suffer before she can finally enjoy her life without all these worries and have her health back.... What has happened can no longer be undone... I only hope the scan results are all negative... there is no spread.... going for the mastectomy will solve the problem... dr says the lump is small....i think its abt 1cm... its still hopeful...

Mum told me today that she is not worried abt death.... she is more scared of the pain associated with bone spread... she told me that she knows bone cancer is very painful... she hope if one day she needs to go... it will be painless... she is very afraid of the slow painful death.... I know what she means.... I really pray she do not have to go thru all these... really...

I feel so sad.... really very sad.... I guess no one can feel what I feel.... I couldnt imagine life without my mum... I know one day she has to go... but the thought of it make me shudder... with 3 new breast cancer....with recurrences.... I do not know what are her odds of beating it... can my mum really be cured? If the scans show no spread.... and she went for the mastectomy... she can be cured? I guess no one can really answer me....no one knows for sure...

Seeing my mum troubled with this new information.... I feel so helpless... there is nothing I can do or say to make the pain go away... I can only console her...telling her not to think too much... treat each day as it comes... there is nothing more I can say... I need people to console me too... I do not want to tell my friends...I do not want to bother them with the unhappy news... they cant help me anyway.... my husband is not around...(went for reservist)... I did not tell him...yet.... dont want him to be bothered with the news... will only tell him when he is back next week... I hope they are people out there with two mastectomies can tell me how they have survive from it... I need encouraging testimonies....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH kel.... I am so so sorry to hear that about your mother.
Yes have recurrence after another is not something that one can take well, for each therapy we hope it will be the last one. Tell your mother that the more she must fight on. As for you my dear, I am sure it is painful. For myself, I was just thinking the other day, if I should ever lose my mum i think i will completely break apart. I don't think i can survive without my mum. It must be very tough for you to handle this on your own. Please take care of yourself, you need to be mentally and physically strong from her.

We cancer patients actually draw our strength from our love ones.

HUGS...

I will definitely pray for your mother. Tell her she must Jia you!
Love fleur

Anonymous said...

big big hugs for u, kel

hope ur mum continue to fight on

maybe u can get in touch with some of onco nurses / survivors from NCC or even PCC to just talk it out

babe said...

Fleur/Snowcloud

Thanks gals for the concern and encouragement...

We may not know each other in person.. but the concern from you gals really touched me... I guess Im more able to pour my hearts out to you gals rather than my friends... probably becos you gals can relate more and understand more than them...

Gals.. you must continue to fight ok..

kel