Went with my mum for her therapy session at SGH... as my mum has went thru quite alot of surgeries... her arm movement is kind of restricted... not as mobile as before...esp after the last op... she constantly feels pain and numbness which affected her sleep... the therapist says that its likely her nerves are affected... no medicine can help...needs a long time to let the nerves recover by itself... she cant even go for tui na or massage... and no heat pad allow on her arm... even taking pain killer also no help since its the nerve problem not muscle strain....there is no form of relieve...
And she cant life up her arm like normal people do... its quite common for those who has their lymph nodes removed... the therapist uses a machine to help my mum stretch her arm... cos if she dun practice enough, her bone will harden and its irreversible... sigh..
Next tue will be seeing Dr Koong....to get her biopsy results... this thing has been on my mind... I do not know whether how will I react if the results come out to be no good... its quite straining on me... I once read that "One's happiness are dependable greatly on One's parents' health".... I cant agree more.... I really envy those parents that are healthy and has great social life.... I feel their children are fortunate to have healthy and sociable parents... at least their children can lead their own life...without having to worry whether their parents are lonely not....no need to worry and stress over their health... I believe those in my spot can understand....
My mum has been fighting this horrible monster for nearly 8 years.... it has been affecting me that long... when a family member struck down with cancer...not only the patient has to suffer....even the loved ones will be affected... esp for the caregivers... their personal life will no longer be the same.... alot of time are allocated for drs appt.... for scans....for therapies....the list goes on and on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment