Friday, October 31, 2008

Something that warms my heart

I just read Fleur's blog... she prayed for my mum....she prayed for me... it goes like this :

I pray for kel's mother, who has been fighitng hard and brave, Father, give her that strength and minimise her side effects. Let her know Lord, that her strength is admirable, and Father, hold her in your hands when she needs you most.


I pray for Kel, who has been the stoic strength for her mother. Give her the courage and strength and knowledge in how she can best give her support to her beloved mother. Father, hold her when she feels she cannot go on anymore, give her your support when she thinks she is going to fall. I know Father you will send her an Angel..

She is not actually my friend nor have I meet her in person.... but she thinks of me and my mum when she prays... there is no words that can describe how I feel when Im reading it... these wonderwomans are my pillar of support and strength when I need them... they offers me encouragement and consolation at times when I really in need...

It brings tears to my eyes... no one can really understand those who are still fighting or have fought the evil illness and their caregivers... unless they went thru it themselves... when you read those fighters's blog... they actually wrote down loud what you are feeling inside.... its so close and familiar...

Fleur, just wana say a big thank you to you... I really appreciate your prayers and concern... lets be one another support and strength when ever or whoever needs it...

Some updates on my mum:
She is managing well... going for the 3rd cycle next week...afterwhich will start of a new chemo regime for 3 cycles... my mum looks perfectly normal other than her hair loss... just went shopping with her at chinatown yesterday....had vegetarian food at bugis before heading chinatown... my mum appetite is back...cos few days back she dun have much appetite...one of the side effect i think... and today she went for her manjong session...haha...

2 comments:

Fay said...

Go fight the fight Kel! And say that to your mum too. Erm... it's not a lonely journey for both of you so encourage everyone around you. Positivity is the key! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kel,
Yes, we are all pillars of support for one another.... you are right that because we are in it that we know what the other feels.
I am so glad to hear that your mum is doing well.
As for your op, I pray that you have a speedy recovery too .. HUGS :)

Love fleur