Mum went for her second ultrasound on tue.... the radiographer scanned her 3 times in total with 3 different radiographers at the same time.... hmm... i guess its due to her scars from her previous surgery to remove benign lumps...
In short... the ultrasound reports show one solid hypoechoic lobulated lesion... measuring abt 1cm...needle biopsy is suggested... it will be done on next thursday... Dr asked us whether we want the biopsy to be thru cut or by mammotome (im the one who brought up mammotome cos I did once myself)...of cos the price difference is quite significant.... thru cut only cost abt $270... whereas mammotome cost nearly $1000....hmm...
Mum was quite upset abt having to go thru the biopsy.... she hopes the second ultrasound shows normal findings.. I believe its the Dr call for the second ultrasound brings up the hope as why the Dr did not went straight for the biopsy instead basing on the ultrasound we did at Gleaneagles.... And of cos is the memory of the needle biopsy for her first recurrence....the results turned out to be no good.... thus the reason for the upset...
I searched the web for information on the ultrasound findings.... but could not get any relevant information whether its likely to be benign or malignant... Sigh... I really really hope its just a benign lump... nothing more... my mum just went thru 2 operations...one being a big op... I hope she does not need to go thru another one... these scares are really tiring and stressful... I hate these health scares..... I hate the period awaiting to the report results... its REALLY stressful... Im sure those in my situations can well understand...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hugs to u girl
hope the biopsy is tolerable for ur mum
keep us posted
Rgds
I understand cos i gone thru' these with my mama.
Stay strong.
little Faith
Post a Comment