Friday, July 4, 2008

My Mum Second Relaspe - Year 2007

Dr ask my mum to go for another op to have some of the nodules taken out for lab testing to rule out malignancy... I still remember the results was out before the Chinese New Year.... but my mum choose to postpone the appt to be after the new year... as if knowing deep down that the results was a bad one... In fact... I too have the same feeling... but no one really talk abt it... so I agreed to my mum to postpone the appt... wanting my mum to enjoy the new year... I even suggested my mum to go genting with my aunties to have a break... I know myself that she may have a tought battle to fight again soon... so I want her to at least have a holiday to enjoy herself...

On that day of the results.... we waited quite a long time for my mum's turn... I still can recall my mum was so not herself that day... she was so anxious... not wanting to talk more...

When we step into the consultation room... the look on the dr face... I know its bad news...

I asked the dr... so how is it... she said... err... its not good... at that moment... I tried very very hard to hold back my tears... I do not want to cry in front of my mum..... As my mum dun really understand english... she asked me while I was still talking to the dr.... "good news or bad news?".... I shake my head...... then she finally broke down... she cried... my dad hug her.... that was the first time I saw my mum crying so hard... and the first time seeing my dad hugging my mum.... really....no one can imagine how I feel at that moment... I duno how to console my mum.... I couldnt remember that was the how many times we have to went thru such situations in receiving bad news....

So when we stepped out of the room.... I ask my dad to stay with my mum....cos I have to go to the xray dept to book a date for my mum bone scan, ct scan, etc... the usual procedures when there is a recurrence... I know it too well....

So the period from that day of results till the next results day for the scans and xrays was really torturing...


Results Day
The dr is Dr Donald Poon.... the first time seeing him...

We asked the dr...so how is the results.....Dr say its good.... no spread at this moment... liver and lungs good... Phew... I can see how relieved my mum is...... so I asked the dr... so when will the chemo be.... He say no need for chemo at the moment unless there is life threatening issues like when the cancer spread...... now only needs to take oral hormonal med to control it...... I wonder inside me why no chemo.... why only give chemo when the cancer spread as if waiting for that day to come....I really doubt the hormonal med can help to get rid of the cancer....

Anyway before seeing the dr.... I already wanted to seek a second opinion no matter how is the results... so I ask the dr to write a referral letter with all my mum medical history in a memo summary.... I want to bring my mum to see Dr Khoo Kei Siong at Gleneagles... it was recommended by my own dr... Dr Wee Siew Bock.... Im seeing him for my ultrasound scans.... I also removed benign lumps by him....

Dr Poon says Dr Khoo is his superior last time at NCC.... he last times heads the dept at NCC last time before he move to private practice...

After getting the memo and all the copies of my mum medical history reports... we waited outside... I went in to the room again alone to ask him the actual situation of my mum.... cos I do not want my mum to hear..... I still can rememeber the exact words he say...

Me : Dr how come my mum do not have to go thru chemo?

Dr: Not at this moment.... chemo will be given when there is life threatening issues

Me: But hormonal med can remove the cancer?

Dr: No... it cant....

Silence......

Dr: How to I put it..... To be frank.... I cant cure your mum.... the cancer will eventually spread to other parts of the body.... until then... the hormone med will help to control it....

My heart sank....I sat down there stunned with the news....


I will share more on my next entry....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]

[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals

As Xrumer experts, we possess been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] quest of a sustained time for the time being and remember how to harness the enormous power of Xrumer and adapt it into a Cash machine.

We also provide the cheapest prices on the market. Diverse competitors devise order 2x or temperate 3x and a a pile of the continuously 5x what we charge you. But we feel in providing gigantic accommodation at a small affordable rate. The entire point of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper variant to buying Xrumer. So we train to abide by that mental activity in recollection and afford you with the cheapest standing possible.

Not just do we have the best prices but our turnaround heyday for the treatment of your Xrumer posting is wonderful fast. We intention have your posting done before you distinguish it.

We also produce you with a sated log of affluent posts on different forums. So that you can see also in behalf of yourself the power of Xrumer and how we hold harnessed it to benefit your site.[/b]


[b]Search Engine Optimization

Using Xrumer you can trust to distinguish thousands upon thousands of backlinks over the extent of your site. Tons of the forums that your Install you force be posted on get acute PageRank. Having your association on these sites can deep down serve establish up some cover grade recoil from links and genuinely as well your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating through the roof.

This is making your site more and more popular. And with this increase in regard as familiarly as PageRank you can expect to lead your milieu really superiority gamy in those Search Motor Results.
Conveyance

The amount of traffic that can be obtained by harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your plat to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may still be publishing your site to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Ponder 1 collection on a popular forum last will and testament by get 1000 or so views, with announce ' 100 of those people visiting your site. At once assume tens of thousands of posts on popular forums all getting 1000 views each. Your freight will associate at the end of one's tether with the roof.

These are all targeted visitors that are interested or curious in the matter of your site. Imagine how assorted sales or leads you can execute with this great number of targeted visitors. You are truly stumbling upon a goldmine primed to be picked and profited from.

Keep in mind, Above is Money.
[/b]

GO YOUR CHEAPLY BURST TODAY:


http://www.xrumer-seo.com

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/ganardinero.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]La mejor web sobre ganar dinero[/b]
Nosotros hemos hallado la mejor guia en internet de como trabajar en casa. Como fue de interes para nosotros, tambien les puede ser de utilidad a ustedes. No son unicamente metodos de ganar dinero con su pagina web, hay todo tipo de metodos para ganar dinero en internet...
[b][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url]Te recomendamos entrar a [url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/]Ganar dinero[/url][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url][/b]

xanax said...

youre really a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any unique trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. Fotografia A�lubna Katowice youve done a great job on this topic!

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]001casino.com[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]online casinos[/url] free no set aside hand-out at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]www.baywatchcasino.com
[/url].