Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Some Updates

Another week for anxious waiting again.... Going to get results for CT scan and a biopsy test on a nodule near my mum chest wall resection area.....

This waiting scenario keeps going on and on...seems like never ending...


Mum now on monthly Zometa... to help strengthen her bones due to the bone mets... Dr Khoo says it has some anti cancer cells ability... and he also gives my mum daily oral chemo drugs... i think its hormonal treatment...

Mum went to NCC today to see her surgical dr for a nodule near her chest side... she thought its the wound where the blood drainage she had when she had the op... but dr says its unlikely and wanted to test it.... so the biopsy was arranged immediately... before seeing this dr...mum went for her ct scan... cos dr khoo wants to monitor her lungs and liver... to see when to administer chemo treatment....

Will get the results for both the ct scan and the biopsy test.... I feel so sad for my mum that she has to go thru this over and over again... first its the bone mets... now this... it all happen only within a period of 3 mths... hope my mum can have a longer period of remission.....

Side track abit...
Fleur has left us.... its really sad... im so used to checking her blog almost everyday... but now... will never get to see her updates anymore... thou I kind of expected it when I noticed she has not been blogging for awhile...but still its sad.... Molly left us... Shin left us... now Fleur.... I know someday it will be mum's turn... but i really really hope it will be prolong as long as possible....maybe for at least 3 years or more? At least she can he around to hold my baby... which im trying my best to have.... else I will feel so disappointed for not conceiving earlier for my mum to see her grandchild.... but im sure it will happen soon.... mum will be definitely be around to see...

The only best thing to hope if my mum really leaving us one day... to have her pain to the minimal... to leave as peaceful as possible.... no pain... no agony...

4 comments:

Apoet said...

.. keep an eye on these doctors, and understand and question their every steps. I been thru this, sometimes due to somethin they missed out, patients have to suffer the agony of doing repeated things. After all, these patients mean nothing to them, BUT everything to us.

babe said...

Apoet
Thanks for dropping here to leave me a note... :)
Didnt expect there are people reading my blog... As i didnt post often and didnt have much readers...

I sure will keep an eye on the procedures and treatment for my mum.. I guess the ct scans and blood test are something that is inevitable.. They are needed to monitor my mum's progress..

LifeIsBeautiful said...

Hi...
I had same experiences.
I live in Jakarta, I am an oldest daughter of my mom.
My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2002 and the cancer had spread to liver and bone in 2004.
She was also the patient of Dr Khoo at Gleanegles Hospital Spore in 2004-2005.

I was with my mom when she went to Spore for operation and other medical treatments.

I can feel how you feel about this condition.
I pray that God will always give you strength through this situation.
Everything is in HIS control.

"We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves Him."
(Romans 8:28)

Nice to know you and God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!