Last Thurs my mum went for her 4th cycle... this time a different drug... Taxotere... Nurse says this drug has minimal side effects... might have body aches... slight nausea... numbness of the finger tips... thats abt all..
Mum told me yesterday that after she ate...she feels indigestion... like the food was stuck midway... she also experiences this with the drug before Taxotere... but this time feels more uncomfortable than before... she predicts she will have this for a few days at least after the drug is administered...
When my mum went for her 4th cycle last Thurs... Dr is not around... so we went straight for the chemo after the blood test results was out.... We already knew the Dr wont be around that day cos Dr told us he will be away and we can just come for the chemo...the new chemo drug will be ready for us... However when the nurse came by for the chemo...we realize its not a new drug...its still the red liquid pump ball... we asked the nurse how come...she says she didnt know cos the chemo form wrote the same drug by the Dr... we asked her to call Dr to confirm cos Im sure it shoudnt be...
After some time....the nurse came with the Taxotere....hmm... but when I asked her is it the Dr wrote wrongly...she did not answer me...hmm... I wonder what if I did not go with my mum that day.... Mum still told me its ok to use back the same drug....cos its cheaper.... Taxotere is very expensive... it cost abt $1k more than the previous drug.... arraghhh.... but I know why Dr uses different drug... to reduce the chances of realspe I guess... time really flies... its already the 4th cycle.... 2 more cycles to go... I hope mum will be in remission for a long long time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Kel,
We must always be vigilant and alert in the clinic, becos sometimes humans make mistakes.
Hope your mum is coping fine with the side effects.
Rgds ^^
Hi Snowcloud
Yes u are right.. we must not rely totally on the medical personnel..
My mum is coping fine..thank you.. :)
Hope you are coping fine too..
Kel
Post a Comment