Mum started her chemo treatment last week.... since she cant have needles poking in both of her arms... she has a port at the chest for the drug.... she had this port before when she did her past chemo...
Counting.... this chemo treatment is my mum 5th chemo regime since 2001...... hopefully its the last chemo.... ever.... mum going to lose her hair for this chemo.... its quite upsetting for her.... she told me last time when she lose her hair she didnt really mind but this time she mind.... cos she mind letting others know she is going thru chemo once again.... I totally understand her point...
Dr says looking at the pathology report of the tumour.... its aggressive... the recurrence rate is high even with chemo given.... its a sad news for me.... we didnt let mum know.... Dr as if knowing did not tell my mum when my mum ask him how serious is the cancer.... I believe my mum will have the fighting spirits more without this news.... imagine u have the go thru a terrible treatment with all the side effects yet knowing the cancer has a high chance of coming back....
Went to SIMA to shop for a wig for my mum....but nothing suits... and the wig looks v fake... in the end my mum bought a minie.... those knitted cap for winter type.... i feel its more comfortable than a wig....
Mum will need 6 cycles of chemo.... 3 cycles for one drug.... 3 weeks for one cycle.... so it will take about 4 and a half mths... it will end in jan next year... just nice for cny i think....
Fleur if u are reading this.... I know you will be starting another chemo regime soon and you will lose your hair... pls dun be too upset ok... go shop around for nice wigs.... or try wearing meanie also... its look kind of cool... :)
My mum says she already thought of a reason to tell those who will ask her about the hair thing.... she will says she shave off her hair in support of the children cancer..... my mum is so creative.... this also shows she really mind the hair lost thing this time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi,
Been reading your blog. Was also reading Molly's blog till her last day. It is sad to read about your mum and fleur. I feel for them partly because my 12 years old nephew is also going though chemo for ALL at KK. Poor boy is taking his PSLE this Fri in KK. Life is always so cruel. Stay strong for your mum. Take care!
*hugs*
Take care...
Fortune Wigs at Lucky Plaza has nice wigs, or you can try CanCare.
Hi Kel,
I so totally understand how you mummy feels :)
Yes losing my hair again after all that pain i go through growing them back *smile*
Tell your mother she must jia you..and really sometimes ignorance is Bliss, ithink that's why my Onco does not tell me alot of things *laugh*
I will be praying hard for your mummy too..... Tell her, there is a reason for us to go thru this, maybe it is to show all her daughters what it is like to be fighters, to be strong despite all adversities. I am sure , how this entire episode has brought you much closer to your mummy, and how it has brought you a whole new level of respect for her as a person :) And I am sure kel, you are marvelled that you do have that strength, that you never thought you had, but to only realised it with you stoic support for your mum.... Alls good, alls for a good reason.... lets cherish that.... God bless!!
Love Fleur
I cannot find my wig, so I am going to but another from this shop that I last bought mine from.. its at Fareast plaza, next to watsons. The revlon brand ones I have been told looks quite natural on me :D.. will take pics, after I have shaved my hair *smile*
Hi Kel,
I'm dropping by everyday even if you don't blog =)
Hope you and your mum are coping fine.
Regards.
Post a Comment