Good results with some uncertainty.... but overall should be good news....
Bone scan
Intensed tracer uptake seen on right 3rd and 6th ribs... may be due to post traumatic op changes (chestwall resection with removal of two ribs 2nd & 5th rib which is negative for ca) or it may be metastasis...
No abnormalities seen in the rest of the body.
CT Scan
Four new nodules seen in the left breast.... suspicious of multicentic breast ca... ultrasound or MRI suggested... But ultrasound was already done prior to the ct scan... only one lump was found with some scarring (mum have surgeries to remove benign lumps before)... I wonder is it the scarring that show up in the scan... but however the findings was done with comparison with the last CT scan done in nov last year.... if its scarring then it should have show up in the last ct scan also... but this new ct scan says its a new finding... but still the ultrasound did not mention the nodules.... is ct scan or ultrasound more accurate?
Left lung base show something but was indeterminate.... may be due to scarring....
Dr conclusion is that nothing in both scans says we shouldnt go for the operation for local treatment... so will still go ahead with the left mastectomy on monday...
So should I be happy with the results? Yes.... I should be right?
Mum was super happy.... even though still need to go for surgery.... she is not afraid... she told me this is her birthday present.... :)
I guess we have to be more short sighted... we should not look too far from now... at least there is treatment available..... mum is still a candidate for surgery means its good news... I should not think too much....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have been waiting for ur update.. thx for that =)
as long as ur mum is happy, we are happy
pls do take care of urself and all the best to ur mum on the surgery
Happy Birthday to ur mum!!
Rgds
Hi Kel,
Thank you for the update ...This is GOOD NEWS, I am happy. You are right, as long as there is still a therapy available for your mum to go onto, it is to be celebrated.
Please please take care of yourself as well. It is good that you are there to support her, but the support must be strong and healthy as well ok?
Don't worry, with your mother's fighting spirit I am sure she will be fine...just enjoy every single minute and every single day :) life is such, we have to all go one day, its just some goes sooner, some later. So learn from your mother's experience, never take any time given for granted
God bless, I am always praying for your mother and also you :D
Love Fleur
Snowcloud/Fleur
Thanks gals for the concern! Dont worry I will give my mum healthy positive support... :)
Kel, we are just as worried about you... please take care of yourself as well :D
Post a Comment